Picture
A very special lady in our lives had an accident last week and is in the care of some wonderful doctors, nurses and therapists  to whom we wanted to say "thanks". (And if the truth be told, we wanted her to have the advantage of bribery foods in her room!) That goal in mind, I began going through recipes looking for the perfect one to satisfy everyone's cravings.  I decided on a new version of an old favorite - Chocolate Chip Cookies With Sea Salt and Caramel.

Here's what you'll need:

4 1/2 cups Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Finely Ground Sea Salt
2 cups (4 sticks) Butter, Softened
1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed
2 tsp Vanilla
4 Eggs
22 Soft Caramel Pieces, cut into small pieces
2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 Tbl Course Sea Salt (for topping)
Parchment Paper

Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
Picture
Combine flour, baking soda and ground salt in a bowl and set aside.

Cream together butter, both sugars and vanilla.

Add eggs separately and mix thorougly.

Picture
Slowly add the flour mixture to the creamed ingredients and mix well.

Picture
Add cut caramel pieces and chocolate chips and stir by hand.

Picture
Drop overfilled spoonfuls onto baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Sprinkle each cookie with coarse sea salt and bake for 9-11 minutes. Slide the parchment paper from the cookie sheet. Allow cookies to cool enough for the caramel to set before removing from parchment paper.

These are easy and delicious. This recipe makes about 7 dozen so feel free to cut it in half.

Comments

Debi
11/06/2012 6:25pm

Yummy! Will def try this recipe!

I like the post Salty and Sweet Bribery Cookies. And steps mentioned herein are too excellent.

06/21/2017 2:37am

Cookies are heavenly biscuits made from heaven. It is sweet and made out of flour, sugar, eggs and milk. A baker can also add sprinkles, chocolate chips or any other sweet things. A perfect cookie can be achieved with the right amount of ingredients and precise baking time. Cookies are loved by both kids and adults and I think no one can ever resist the deliciousness of it.

03/31/2017 6:18am

I'm becoming addicted to caramel lately. I've been using it as a main ingredients of the pastries I'm doing. So far, it's working! After visiting your page, I think that I have to try this too! You're such a heaven sent for posting the ingredients and the procedure on how to make it! A cookie is delicious pastry. But once a chef put a twist on it, it'll be more yummy for sure!

05/19/2017 8:46am

This is really amazing. Thanks a lot for sharing

I like cookies most of all! Will try to follow your recipe and cook this ;)

07/25/2017 1:47am

This recipe looks really good. I badly want to try making it but I'm not allowed to eat anything sugary right now because I'm preparing for surgery.

From Our Kitchen

With one daughter in culinary school, the other one a health nut and a husband who should have his own restaurant, I've been inspired to find some easy, healthy and delicious recipes that I can serve. I'll test them and tweak them, and then I'll share the ones that pass my crew's taste test with you!